A living room can be called the most important room in a home. It is the first room that guests visit, so it is obvious that living room decorating should be taken seriously. Latest Trends to Decorate the Living Room.
Nobody wants to create a bad first impression, especially when it comes to their home. You go to such pains, picking the right furniture, and then going back to the store to select the right curtains and drapes, only to realize, that you forgot the shade of the fireplace, sitting majestically at the center of your living room. But here’s the saving grace!
Here are some fabulous living room designs with fireplace, that will definitely cheer you up. Check out these living room designs and ideas, and decide which one you’ll incorporate in your home decorating endeavors.
Latest Trends to Decorate the Living Room Catalog
Latest Trends to Decorate the Living Room Ideas
As time passes, only dig out the items that you miss because you need them for a specific task. After about three months you won’t even miss the rest of the items in storage and you will be emotionally ready to give them away or have a yard sale.
Then you can really begin to start tackling the feat of decorating small rooms. You must have adequate storage to start the process of decorating. Each and every item must have its own special space otherwise supplies and accessories will end up out of place and you’ll end up frustrated!
1. Make the best use of natural light by keeping window coverings sheer or better yet use none at all. Light gives the impression of open space. If your budget allows, add sky lights.
2. Use a large mirror or collage of small mirrors across from a window to reflect light and make the room appear larger.
3. When decorating small rooms choose pieces of
furniture for their ability for storage, mobility and conversion. A bed with built in drawers underneath or a dining room table with folding ends are some good examples.
4. Use paint color combinations that refract a lot of light. They don’t have to be pastel colors, you can use a deep yellow or a rich cream. Just don’t use dark blues, purples or reds. They soak up too much light.
5. When choosing paint colors allow the colors to blend from room to room. The flow from one room to the next is very important. A stark color change makes the room separate, but using the same type of flooring wall color and trim allows the flow to easily continue from one room to the next.
6. Of course you will need to define spaces for different purposes. Do this by swapping a solid door for one with a view such as French doors. This works well when transitioning from a bedroom to a living area. You can also leave the doors off and install a curtain rod over the top of the door frame. Then hand sheer or lace curtains.
7. Consider building an open shelf about a foot below the ceiling all around the room. Its a great storage solution for books and decorative items and draws the eye up.
More about Latest Trends to Decorate the Living Room
8. Make sure your furniture is the proper scale for the room. Big and bulky doesn’t work here. Use pieces that have skinny legs or glass. Your eye passes through them easily and gives the impression of more space. You may also find this link helpful: Mattress Sizes Information Tips & Standard Mattress Size Charts
9. If possible, use a light in front of a mirror. The mirror reflects the light and makes it go farther.
10. Paint vertical stripes on the walls or even the cabinets to make decorating small rooms simple. Stripes make the room feel taller and more open.
By now I’m sure ideas are just popping into your head! Small spaces aren’t so difficult to decorate after all right?
Buy latest trends to decorate the living room items from Amazon.com
Last Updated on October 29, 2021